Fax can be sent and received using Email to Fax and Fax to Email. You can also send bulk faxes from an internet web portal.
Web portal fax delivery provides the ability to send a fax document to multiple fax numbers simultaneously. Fax is affected by the privacy requirements in Australia where senders must adhere to the application of the Do not Call Register and not send faxes to fax numbers that have opted out of receiving marketing fax documents.
Many businesses use fax every day as part of their regular communications. Email to Fax or Fax to Email is used to simply send a document from a registered email address or received at an email address that is associated with a fax number.
There are many options available when you set up an email fax service. You can have a service that simply sends an attached document. You can also set up the service so you can write a message in the body of an email and this will be sent as a header or first page followed by an attached document that will be delivered as the second page or pages.
The subject of the fax can be inserted on the first fax page by writing the subject in the subject field of the fax email you send.
Security when sending an email to fax can be employed with different active security layers including requiring a challenge response such as an embedded password before a email can be sent.
The way fax is sent and delivered varies dependent on each type of business and the purpose of the document
Reasons fax is still used
- Law enforcement agencies across the world use encrypted internet fax to send documents that require layers of security. Fax uses multiple delivery paths that include both a telecommunications security layer and encrypted data layer.
- Tracked delivery is also important for vital documents. Fax provides that certainty.
- Farmers in specific geographic areas still have internet connectivity issues requiring a telecommunications connection to receive documents and this is where fax is vital.
- Some documents are simply to large to send by email so if you don’t do this regularly it is a real challenge for many people. Fax is the way around this problem.
- Fax is still used for remittance statements and purchase orders
- Medical practitioners use fax for secure document delivery
- Mechanics use fax to send handwritten documents to various recipients.